Recently installed at our Tilmanstone Recycling Centre is a state-of-the-art 100m long, 13 bay Material Recycling Facility, otherwise known as a picking line which has accelerated capacity to an awesome rate! An impressive 250,000 tonnes of waste can run through the line annually resulting in 13 different segregated materials. 96% of the waste sent through the picking line is directly reused or recycled and the remaining 4% goes to incineration.
The increased capacity has not only meant we can handle more waste that we manage but has also meant we can offer local businesses with a Waste Carriers Licence tipping at our site.
Finding responsible tipping locations for small businesses has been a well-documented problem often resulting in illegal tipping and fly-tipping. Offering this valuable service to local trade is part of our commitment to a circular economy and improving the environmental impact of waste in Kent.