EAST KENT RECYCLING LTD
Please see the terms and conditions applicable to skip hire provided by EKR.
- Customers are entirely responsible when ordering our skips off the public highway. EKR accepts not responsibly for damage claims arising from vehicles delivering or collection off the highway including any damage to surface areas. It is the customers responsibility to ensure there is adequate space and access for the vehicle to manoeuvre.
- Where skips are to be placed on the highways, EKR must be instructed to obtain a permit which is subject to additional charges. It is the customers responsible to ensure lights remain on/beside the skip (in accordance with the Council’s requirements) and lit during hours of darkness. Permits are non-refundable.
- No hazardous waste will be accepted without prior authorisation from EKR head office and therefore no hazardous waste should be put into the skip or container including: Asbestos, TV’s, Tyres, Computer Screens, Solvents, Clinical Waste. Any compressed gas cylinder (Gas Bottle, Calor, Balloon Gas, oxygen, Acetylene), Batteries (including household or motor), Chemicals, Fridge Liquids, any other waste that may be hazardous to the environment. If any hazardous material were to be found in a skip or container the customer would incur additional charges and possible return of the material.
- Reimbursement will be required if the skip/container is damaged in any way including fire damage or loss of skip. The skip/container must not be moved onsite.
- Skips/containers must strictly be level loaded. Overloaded or dangerously loaded skips/containers will be refused, and a wasted journey charge will be issued. The customer will then be required to reload to a safe and level load. If a skip is overloaded but safe to collect, an additional material change will be made.
- Customers can book skips for up to 4 weeks hire, additional time will be chargeable. EKR reserves the right to collect the skip anytime after this period if additional time has not been agreed with head office. It is the customers responsible to ensure that the skip is accessible and ready to collect when the vehicle arrives, any onsite delays due to no fault of EKR may be changed.
- Customers are bound by the payment terms at time of booking. Any non-credit account holders must make payment prior to or on delivery.
- Any changes to the order must be requested at least 1 working day prior to the day of delivery.
Returns Procedure and Policy
If you wish to request a return, please contact the office on 01304 840283 with your order details.
Please be aware:
- Any order cancellation must be made at least one working day prior to the day of delivery, or they may be subject to a cancellation charge.
- Only an empty skip or container will be considered for return, if any material is found, it will be chargeable in full.
- Please be aware you may be charged transportation if the skip has been delivered or is out for delivery at the time of cancellation.